At first in the class of social sciences Paqui has written on the blackboard some notes about the ideas on enlightenment contained in the declaration of independence of the thirteen North American colonies that we don’t have time the Wednesday.
Then Paqui has written the reasons and factors of the war of independence in America that lasted from the 1775 to 1783. This was also the correction of the exercise fifteen and it says:
- · The British didn’t accept the declaration and the war started
- · The war finish with the treaty of Versailles
- · A new country was formed: the USA
- · The example of USA extended to many countries especially in south America
Then we have copy on the notebook the contents of the firs constitution of the history (the USAs constitution). The constitution contains all the characteristics of the new country:
- · It was a representative government
- · The powers were divided into three
- · It was a federal republic
- · The president was the head of the state and he was elected every four years
- · Every power controls the other to avoid abuse
Salva has asked something to Paqui and she has answered the question but I can’t hear it because the most of the people were talking to other.
To finish all of that Paqui has written the bill of rights. This was rights that the USA’s citizens had (the 10 first amendments).
Today we also have to copy some words to the glossary but today were less that other days:
- Supreme court of justiceàtribunal supremo
- Checks and balanceàequilibrio de poderes
- To impeachàdestituir
- Impeachmentàdestitucion del president
- Amendments àemienda, correction
- Prohibitionàley seca.
Also Paqui has given us an exercise of the causes and development of the Hispanic war succession that we have to correct it the Monday.