Isabel has had a problem with her Internet connexion. That´s why I´m posting the journal she has sent to me by mail. I have taken out one of the pictures Isabel has included because she hasn´t added its source and I haven´t been able to find it. If you read this, Isabel, remember to include the source of all the pictures you include.
Today in Social Sciences Paqui has said to me that I have to do the journal . Then Paqui has added some information about “ the Pantheon and Napoleon’s tomb at Les Invalides" that she has added this weekend into the blog. Paqui has also shown us a video about Marie Antoniette which shows her life.
Then she has reminded us that some people of the class had to give their notebooks to her. We have also corrected the exercises from page 50 and the crossword which is at the end of Unit 2 in the book. While we were correcting the last exercise, Salva has asked Paqui the meaning of mercantilism. After that Paqui has askedus if we understand all about Unit 2 because we’ll do the exam in two weeks. Then we have started Unit 3: THE FRENCH REVOLUTION AND RESTORATION. Which have the next points:
1. The French Revolution and the Napoleonic Era ( 1789 – 1815 ).
2. The congress of Vienna and the Restoration ( 1815 – 1830 ).
3. The revolutionary ideologies and the revolutions os 1820, 1830 and 1848.A. Causes.
B. The beginning of the French Revolution.
C. The stages of the French Revolution.
1. Costitutional Monarchy ( 1789 – 1792 )
2. Democratic Republic ( 1792 – 1794 )
3. Directory ( 1795 – 1799 )
4. The Napoleonic Era ( 1800 – 1815 )
Finally Paqui has told us that we have to do exercise 1 from page 22. And some people had to give their notebooks to her.
Some vocabulary that we have learnt today is:
· Soundtrack – banda sonora.
· Strenght – fuerza.
· Gold and silver reserves – reservas de oro y plata.
I hope you will like my journal, bye bye see you on Wednesday!