Today the Social sciences lesson has started at 8 o’clock because we have taken the exam of the unit 5 and the World War 1. The exam had 5 questions and it was a little short.
In the first question of the exam we had to match some people with what they did. The people of the exercise were the Count of Cavour, Giuseppe Garibaldi, Jules Ferry, Napoleon III, Bismarck, and Gavrilo Prinzip.
In the second exercise we had to explain all about the German unification. First we had to say what the situation before the unification was. In this question we had to say that it was formed by 38 states in which the most important states were Prussia and Austria. Also we had to say the most important figures but in this there was an only figure who is Bismarck. We had to explain the stages too and the consequences of the unification. The stages were three wars: the war against Denmark, the Austro-Prussian war and the Franco-Prussian war. The consequences of these wars were:
· France lost Lorraine and Alsace
· The German states became united and formed the 2nd German empire.
· The 2nd Empire in France disappeared and the 3rd Republic was proclaimed in France.
In the third question we had to choose four concepts out of eight. The eight concepts were:
- Manifest destiny
- Monroe Doctrine
- Roosevelt corollary
- Boxer rebellion
- Colonies of settlement
- Civilizing mission
- Social Darwinism
I have chosen social Darwinism, protectorates, boxer rebellion and Monroe doctrine.
In the fourth question we had to explain the consequences of colonialism. There were two types of consequences the positive and the negative ones. Positives consequences:
· Introduction of advances and technology in agriculture and industry
· Hygiene habits and advances in medicine.
· They built schools and illiteracy decreased
· Construction of infrastructures and facilities.
The negative consequences:
· The advances were introduced looking the colonists’ benefit.
· All the innovations were introduce to facilitate bussines.
· With the population growth balance between resources and population broke up.
· Acculturation process.
· Unequal and segregated society.
In the last question we had to choose between the outbreak of the World War 1, the causes of the World War 1 and the Berlin conference. I have chosen the Berlin conference and the causes of the World War one because I think they were the shorter questions because I didn't have much time.
As today we have taken the exam we haven’t copied any word on the glossary.
For me the exam was shorter than other exams but it was really difficult because we have to study a lot and we have to be very fast writing the words without make any mistakes.