JOURNAL, FRIDAY ON THE 24th OF MAY, 2013.Today Alicia, Salva, Javi, Fernando G. and me have been late to the class and inmediately Paqui has told me that today is my tourn to do the journal. After that Paqui has told to Fernando G. that he spent his life sleeping. Today has also been a little different because most of my classmates have been in a biology trip in Ruidera, we have missed them. Then we have started the normal lesson. At first, Paqui has explained:
- FIGH FOR POWER: STALIN AND TROTSKY
-Trotsky wanted to export revolution to other countries (proletarian internationalism).
-Stalin wanted to consolidate revolution in the RSSU (socialism in one cuntry).
- STALINISM (1927-1953):
ECONOMY: Stalin changed the orientation of the economic policy. His priority was to transform the USSR into an industrial power. He impossed:
- Collectivization of all the private properties: lands, factories, trnasports, banks became State property.
- Centraly planned economy: the State controlled and planned economy through the Gosplan (Ministry of Planning). They elavorated Five-Years Plan, in which they decided on all the production of the USSR. All the producers had to carry out all these plans.
- Priority to heavy indudtry, to the detriment of light industry.
Results: quick industralization of the USSR, but permanent luck of consumers' goods and consolidation of the black market.
Paqui has told to Salva that before having big industries , people at first stablish small markets, shops and things like that.
Paqui has got angried with me because I was talking a lot with Alicia and in this way I couldn't listen to the lesson. And she has also got angried with Javi, Gonzalo, Erique M., and Fernando G. because they were playing.
Paqui has also written on the blackboard the index of a new unit:
UNIT 8: THE INTERWAR PERIOD
1. The USA: from the " Roaring Twenties"to the great Depressim and the new Deal.
2. Fascist Italy.
3. Nazi Germany.
And finally the vocabulary that we have seen todaty is:
-Roaring twenties: felices años 20
-Contrally planned economy: planificación contralizada
-Five-Year Plan: Plan Quinquenal
-To blacknail: sobornar
-Weed: hierbajo/ marihuana
-To reach the goals: alcanzar las metas
-To lack of: carecer de...
-Consumer goods: bienes de consumo
I know that my journal is very short but today we have dialgued a lot, so we haven't advanced in that unit.
So I hope you will have a happy weekend and study so much!