Me, for example, I wanted to do the project, but with Paqui's chosen groups, but Werse, Salva and Fernando didn't agree because they have already started the projects. My group is formed by Carlos, Enrique, Monica and I, and we have to do a project about the second republic.
After this we have continued with the unit about the Great War. This point is the last point which is included in the exam.
First we have seen the features about the Great War.
- New and deadlier armament: machine guns, poison gas, flamethrowers, tanks, armoured cars, aircraft, submarines, railway guns. Soldiers suffered a lo and there were millions of dead and disabled
- Civil population became war target. Cities were bombed and citizens suffered a lot at rearguard.
- War economy: all the available resources were mobilized and destined for war, industries and agricultural production were restructured in order to supply the armies, women substituted men at work.
- Governments of national unity, formed by the major parties.
Then, Paqui has been reading in spanish some extracts from a book, called Fear, by Gabriel Chevallier, who talks about the Great War, the experiences he lived, the things he saw, the emotions he felt etc... She has said that this book is one of her favourites.
- Belligerent = beligerante.
- Railway gun = obús.
- Disabled = mutilado.
- At rearguard = en la retaguardia.
- Supply = abastecer.
- To rally = agrupar.
- Traitor = traidor.
I hope you like my journal, and as always, forgive me about my lateness, I arrive at home at nine o'clock. Study for the exam and good luck!.