Hello everyone! I'm Stefania and today it's my second time to do the journal this year.
Today we have had Social Sciences lesson at the 5th period. After arriving in the class we have prepared our things to start the lesson.
We have started correcting the main ideas of the Anarchism:
- People are born free, but some institutions(schools, Churches...)snatch their freedom and limit their possibility of developing their capabilities.
- The only way of recovering freedom is destroying everything that limits people's capabilities and led people to decide how to organize their lives.
- Anarchists also defended collective property.
- They trusted in the revolutionary capability of both peasants and industrial workers.
- Propaganda by the deed:A minority of the anarchists wanted to solve the problems by violence eliminating representatives of capitalism and they prepared many terrorist attacks:Some examples were the terrorist attacks against the National Assembly, in France,Murder of Cánovas del Castillo(the President of the Spanish Goverment)...
- Anarcho-Syndicalism:But the majority most of the anarchists preferred to create unions in order to be organized and educate for revolution.(They were pacifists).
Then Paqui has started explaining us the last point of the unit which is called The First and Second Internationale.We have studied that the International Working Association (IWA) was a workers' organization created to Marx's initiative in London in 1864, in order to coordinate all the workers' attempts to improve their situation.
There were two Internationals:
- First Internationale: It included representatives of all trends:Marxists, Anarchists,trade unions, Utopian socialists. It dissolved in 1876 due to the differences between anarchists and Marxists and after the failure of the Paris Commune(1871)
- Second Internationale: It was created in 1889 and was only formed by Marxists or Socialists. Some of the main symbols of the labour movement were adopted there:anthem,labour day and 8 hours campaign.
But there were also disputies between Marxists:
-Some of them wanted to make revolutions to reach power
-Others wanted to participate in the elections(Social-Democrats)
And the Second International dissolved during the World War One (WW1).
Then in class there have started a conversation about Pablo Iglesias(I don't know why) and Paqui has showed us a photo about Pablo Iglesias, and she has said to us that before the Pablo Iglesia that we know now, there were other two Pablo Iglesias. (As I didn't know who that man is, I've asked Marta who is he and what he wanted to do.
Then Paqui and Carla have spoken about how revolutions can be, Paqui has said to Carla that there could be pacific revolutions.
Later Paqui has said to us that yesterday she saw an article about homework.Then we have spoken a little bit about this, Paqui has said to us that in Finland the childrens go to school for 4 hours per day and the have more break time (after every period they have 15 minutes of rest) and they don't recive any marks until they are 10.
And then we have started the next unit:
Unit 5:Europe in the 2nd halp of the 19th century
The first point of this unit would be included in the exam. This unit is very short:
- The Italian and German unification
As always we have written some words in the glossary:
- good deeds:buenas obras
- IWA:AIT(Asociación Internacional de Trabajadores)