- B) THE ABSOLUTE MONCARCHY OF PHILIP V AND FERDINAND VI
- 1. THE FRENCH REVOLUTION AND THE NAPOLEONIC ERA
- 2. SPAIN DURING THE FRENCH REVOLUTION
Paqui has said us Joseph I was supported by the Francophiles (Frenchified).
We've could see Cortes of Cadiz had the same proposes than Madrid: Passing a lot of laws to end the Ancien Régime.
Today we've learnt a little bit of vocabulary. For example:
-Fright means "susto".
We've done a scheme that summarizes everything:
Participants of the Congress of Vienna were delegates for all the countries taht had defeat Napoleon. For example: TALLEIRAND (France) WELLINGTON (Great Britain), METTERNICH (Austria)
The Congress of Vienna's objectives were:
- Go back to the Ancien Régime and erase the remains of the French Revolution
- Remodel the map of Europe after the Napoleonic Wars
And their decisions were:
- Give the thrones back to all the monarchs deposed by Napoleon. Example: Louis XVIII became king of France and Ferdinand VII came back to Spain.
-Creation of the Holly Alliance to preserve absolutism and religion in Europe. Formed by Austria, Russia and Prussia.
-Changes in the map of Europe:
- France came back to its frontiers in 1791.
- Two buffer States (estados tapón) were created in France's borders: the United Kingdom of Netherlands and the Kingdom of Piedmont-Sardinia.
- Poland, Finland and Bessarabia were annexed to Russia.
- A German Confederation united all the Germanic States
- The United Kingdom got the control of some strategic points in different seas and oceans
GOOD LUCK IN THE EXAM FOR EVERYONE :)