Hello, I'm María and today is my turn to write the journal.
At the beginning of the class Paqui has explained us the positive and the negative things of the colonialism.
- Construction of infraestructures like schools, industries, technology, hygiene habits, hospitals, healthcare systems but all these things were only for benefit of the colonist.
- Reduction of illiteracy
- Reduction of mortality rates.
- Cultural exchange
- Economic exploitation of the colonized peoples
- Introduction of monetary economy, which destroyed traditional economy (collective ways of organizing economy)
- aculturation process which destroyed traditional cultures by introducing the language and customs of the colonist.
- Balance between population and resources broke up
- Periodic famines because production was oriented to the products colonist needed
- Unequal society based on discrimination: the colonist controlled everything with the cooperation of a minority of indigenous people.
I have chosen this drawing because it represent that when the colonist arrived for example in Africa, they destroyed everything like the culture, economy and they also exploited them.
Then Paqui has explained us the new colonialism:
The new colonialism which doesn't mean controlling territories abroad physically, but a political and economic control by the most economically developed countries.
At the end of the class Paqui has shown us Southafrican films that are only protagonized by white people, this is very extrange because the majority of Southafricans are black.
ACULTURATION PROCESS--> PROCESO DE ACULTURACIÓN
MECDs-->MOST ECONOMICALLY DEVELOPED COUNTRIES
LECDs-->LEAST ECONOMICALLY DEVELOPED COUNTRIES
And that's all for today, bye!!