We have revised also the national convention and their stages, because today Paqui have going to explain it.
GIRONDISTS CONVENTION (September 1792- June 1793)
- This convention was controlled by the Girondists
- The main problems: -Massive revolt in the Vedée Region.
- The Convention decreed a moss conscripiton.
- The comiters of Public Sfety were created to fight counter - revolution with the help of the Revolutionary Tribunal.
- In June 1793 the people of Paris stormed the convention, many Girondists were arrested and the Convention started being controlled by the Jacobins.
JACOBIN CONVENTION (June 1793- July 1794)
Urgent decisions were made to save the revolution and improve their lives of hte poorest:
- New Constitution, which included universal suffrage , popular sovereignty, equality and social rights.
- Low of the maximum: control of the prices of staples.
- Confiscation of the propertiesof the counter-revolutionaries and sale of the properties of the Church in small shaares.
- Dechristianitation: churches were closed and the cult of Reason was established.
In order to save the revolution, liberties were supended and the Comitee of the General Security was in charge of chasing and judging the suspected couter-revolutionaries and the people considered a threat to national security.
Levée en masse : lava en masa
Comitee of Public Safety: Comité de salud publica
Headquarters: cuarter general
Public assistance: asistencia pública
Controversial: controvertido , polémico