Think about today, is 13th and Tuesday and it's my first journal in time, record!! But I have come to salve your day, because I'm your joyfulness hahaha. Well, today in class of Social Science class we have finished check the summary that we haven't finished on Friday. Here you have the correction:
I'm going to tell you about the urgent decisions to save the republic and the revolution:
- A new Constitution in 1793: popular sovereignty, firect and universal suffrage and equality.
- Law of the maximun: contorl of the prices of products.
- Distribution of the properties of the counter-revolutionary for the poor.
- Seel of properties of the Church in small shares.
- Church were closed (deschristianization, a very big mistake) and cult to Reason were establihed.
- Compulsory education.
- Movilization of all the available men to stop the foreign invation. (They were called by the army to fight at war)
- Liberties were suspended and the Committe of General Security was in charge of chasing and judging the suspected counter-revolutionaries and all the people considered at threat to national security. 16,000 people were guillotined in nine months.
The Reign of Terror started during the guillotin Convention although it has always been related only with the Jacobin Convention.
Also we have copied some words to the part of glossary like: mass conscription (levee en masse) - leva en masa (all the available men are called by the army to fight at war), deschristianisation - descristianizacion, brainwash - lavado de cerebro, dreadful - horrible....
At the end of the class Paqui has show us a image about the French republican calendar. I think were that but I'm not sure hahah. The teacher tell us that the French Republicans says that each month has had to be three weeks with 10 days each one and 30 days per month.