Yesterday in class of Social Science Paqui has explained the Frech revolutions. The causes of the revolution were:
- Economic crisis: bad harvests, icrease of prices of staples.
-Financial crisis: huge State deficit.
-Discontent of the bourgeois.
-Influence of the ideas of Enlightenment.
Then she has explained the beginning of the revolution, she has wrote a summary in the blackboard:
- Fowr differrent finance ministers advised king Louis XVI that the privileged complained and demanded the call of the Estates-General.
-Call of the Estates-General:
- Every estate wrote its demands in books of grievances.
- The traditional way of the Estate-General was: separated weetings, same number of deputies for every estate and voting.
- The Third EState denamded: collective meetings, double representation and voting person. The king only gave double representation.
- The meeting started in the traditional way, but the deputies of the Third Estate continued to complain. On the 19th June the king closed the Estates-General. The representative of the Third Estate looked for an alternative place atennis court on the 20th June they made the Tennis Court Oath.