Hello, I,m Lidia. Today I will explain what we have done in social sciences class. At the beginning of the class we have continued with the theory, we started with Independence of the brithish colonies of North America and we have learned: The English has created 13 colonies on the coast of North America.
Reasons for the colonist discontent:
- No representatives in the British Parliament: they couldn't express their opinion or oppose the laws against their interest
- Constant tax increase
- British trade monopoly over the colonies: they couldn't buy or sell their products to other places
Paqui then explained to us with an outline on the blackboard the American War of Independence Revolutionary War (1775- 1783) and explained us:
- First confrotment: Battles of Lexiston and concord. The British were defected. The colonist got France and Spain support
- 2nd Continental Congress (1776): Declaration amplia difusion of Independence of the USA( (4th July 1776)
- Leador of the Colonist army George Washington
- Man battles: Saratoga (1777) and Yaktown (1781). Finally the Brithish were defeacted
- 1783: Treatry of Paris
Declaration of independence-> During the 2nd Continental Congress of Philadelphia the delegates of the 13 colonies decided to the declare the independence from Great Britain.
Declaration of independence: CONTENT->
- All men are equal and free and have some unallenable rights. The govermmet's role is to guarantee these rights.
- King George hasn't fulfilled his role with respect to the North American colonies
- The colonies have decided to break their political connection with GreatBritain and became an independence nation.
When finished Paqui explain the declaration of independence, we put in Benjamin Frankish internet to teach a picture of the, for us to know who he is.
Benjamin Frankish is a politician, scientist and inventor.
And in the last 10 minutes Paqui class explained as should have been the work of my travel journal, she told us what most people failed, and gave him to see notos and to see the faults we had. And at the end of the class we left on a shelf
Widespread: amplia difusión
East India Company: Compañia de las Indias Orientales