Tuesday, November 17, 2015

17th november 2015

Hi, it's Manal, today in social sciences we haven't studied Spain in the 18th century, we have dedicated the class to debate and give our opinion about the attack in Paris.

All my clasmates have the same opinion, people think that the attack is related with the Muslims, but we think that it is not related with them,because they belong to a religion called Islam, and the meaning of this word is peace,so the people who have caused this attack aren't Muslims. 


 source::http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/ws/624/amz/worldservice/live/assets/images/2015/11/14/151114200716_not_in_my_name_624x351_twitter_nocredit.jpg


I think that the reasons for  this attack are political, economic and geo-strategic reasons and I guess that it  also is related with the state and the government.

We think that they are bad people, but we are bad as them, because Spain sell weapons to other countries, and this is not good, so we are participating in the attacks.


In class we have also debated about how we can change this? For example:

I can't change anything alone, but I can change my own life, then

I have to try that my friends and classmates also change themselves, and in this way we can change a small thing. Evenit  is a small thing, a lot of small things make a big thing. 

But people don't think like that.

When you ask people about the terrorism, about how to change it, they answer you many things.And there are three types of answers, three types of people:

-"I want to change the world and I will try it"

-"I can't change the world alone"

-"I don't care about it, my country doesn't suffer terrorism"

If we have this attitude we won't do anything.

I have found this picture about terrorism, what do you think?

source:https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi9r6SNmAjmfy65BSxwEA-OmiDNGNpNT9LqgycIcQIPJHCslQLvlOmCSs3_y5oSAjwP430zERoyvy1Rfpsn_V1xMOB4U-9JlZjTM5eF8AMxvAMEoCgPHrdQad-aDIJj-EIV6g9zvC_XOG7A/s1600/joven+siria+meme.png

After talking about terrorism, we have debated about the education.

We think that our education at high school is not good, the way that we study is not good. Teachers explain us the unit, then, we have to study a lot o things by heart maybe we don't understand some of these things, and finally we throw them up in the exam. Then we forget all the content about the unit.

Do you think that this is a good way to learn?


Resultado de imagen para gente feliz aprendiendo

source:http://www.google.es/imgres?imgurl=http://cdn2.upsocl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Captura-de-pantalla-2014-04-08-a-las-9.57.53.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.upsoc.com/inspiracion/los-21-habitos-de-la-gente-feliz/&h=805&w=1270&tbnid=ovDcve8NKA-4TM:&docid=xKCsgcoK8ipRAM&ei=q2xLVo7CBoP2PZ7nvbgI&tbm=isch&ved=0CB8QMygAMABqFQoTCM7Dl5eGmMkCFQN7DwodnnMPhw



We don't have to study by heart, teachers have to teach us,but in a different way, not only copying, and we have to understand the content.

We have to be interested in learn.In this way, we learning and we don't forget the content.After this, we can do different projects, and we learn in a funny way.


true?




Geoestrategic=geoestratégico
Geostrategy,a subfield of geopolitics, is a type of foreign policy guided principally by geographical factors as they inform, constrain, or affect political and military planning.
Bye!

3 comments:

Paqui Pérez Fons said...

Hello Manal,

I think your quote from the Koran is really accurate. Terrorists are not Muslims and here religion is an instrument for political interests, the way to reach desperate or angry people and use them for political goals.

I think the lesson was really interesting, even if we didn't go on with the syllabus and if many people could think that "we didn't do anything" that day.

Remember that you can't change the font or size of the text. we have to keep the same style. These are my corrections:


All my clasmates have the same opinion, people think that the attack is related with the Muslims, but we think that it is not related with them, because they belong to a religion called Islam, and the meaning of this word is peace, so the people who have caused this attack aren't Muslims.



I think that the reasons forof this attack are political, economic and geo-strategic reasons and I guess that it also is related with the state and the government.


In class we have also debated about how wecan change this(?) For example:
I can't change anything alone, but I can change my own life, then
I have to try that my friends and classmates also change themselves, and in this way we can change a small thing. Even if it is a small thing, a lot of small things make a big thing.

But people don't think like that.
When you ask people about the terrorism, about how to change it, they answer you many things (.) and there are three types of answers, three types of people:
-"I want to change the world and I will try it"
-"I can't change the world alone"
-"I don't care about it, my country doesn’t suffer terrorism"
If we have this attitude we won't do anything.


After talking about terrorism, we have debated about (the) education.

We think that our education at high school is not good, the way that we study is not good. Teachers explain us the unit, then, we have to study a lot of things by heart, maybe we don't understand some of these things, and finally we throw themup in the exam. Then we forget all the content about the unit.


We don't have to study by heart, teachers have to teach us, but in a different way, not only copying, and we have to understand the content.

We have to be interested in learning.In this way, we learn and we don't forget the content. After this, we can do different projects, and we learn in a funny way.


Write the definition of geostrategy in English. Look up for the definition in an English dictionary, like this one:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/geostrategy

That's all. My opinion is that you have to learn to THINK, not to become robots and throw up from time to time and that's what I try to do everyday. I am not as fast or efective as other teachers, but I think this is the way I have to do my work.

Bye!

Unknown said...

Yes Paqui, I'm agree with you, we are not robots, we have to start to learn about how learning.

Unknown said...

I think your reflections are fantastic, Manal. I liked this lesson so much.
I think that the students need to debate also, not only to hear a teacher dictating contents, and the first step to learn to think or to develop our critical thought is to share opinions, to listen and certainly to express your opinion with the others. And about the terrorism, I'm agree with you, they are not Moslem, they can think that they are Moslem, and they aren't, but principally they are terrorist, and there are terrorist of all the religions or atheists.