Today in the class of Social Sciences Rodrigo and Lucía have asked Paqui if she had corrected the make up exam of the art project, because they had failed it.
Paqui didn't have them but she was going to correct them in the class.
After that, Paqui has given us a short scheme to complete it. It was based on "the Reactions to the Great Depression". Due to this depression, there were two different policies during the two different administrations: Hoover and Roosevelt administrations.
- Hoover administration (1929-1933).
- Later they tried to keep salaries and prices low (deflationist policy) and they increased tariffs to protect their industry (protectionist policy).
- Results: crisis became worse, because consumption couldn't recover, there were 13 million unemployed (25% of the working population) in 1932 in the USA and international trade contracted.
- Roosevelt administration (1933-1945)
- Main decisions of the Three R Program (Reform, Recovery and Relief)
-relief to farmers and workers: farmers were paid to destroy stocks, distribution of food to the needy families, construction of public works (dams, roads).
Afterwards, Paqui has said that tomorrow we will start with Fascist Italy, so we have to read out this page on the book.
Then we have copied some words on the glossary like:
-working population: población activa
-to deepen: profundizar
-New Deal: nuevo reparto
-Relief: alivio, consuelo, ayuda
-To relief: aliviar, consolar