Hello everybody! I'm Nuria and this is my third journal of the year.
Today in the class of Social Sciences we have done the exam of Unit 2: The 18th century. We have done the exam at the first period of the day.
The exam had 6 questions:
- This question was for the people who failed the project of Baroque art, so I didn't do it.
- In this question, we have to match famous characters of the 18th century with the things that they have done. For example: George Washington - First president of USA. Denis Diderot D' Alambert - he created the encyclopedia. Archiduke Charles of Austria - Candidate to the Spanish throne.
- Definition of the Ancient Régime and its main features.
- Definition of Enlightenment, its main features and choose 2 enlightened philosophers and say all we know about them. I have chosen Voltarie and Montesquieu.
- In this question we had 4 themes, and we had to choose 2 and say all we know about them. The 4 themes were: The War of Spanish Sucession, the reforms made by Charles III, the Constitution of the United States and the Independence of the 13 colonies. I have chosen the reforms of Charles III and the Independence of the 13 colonies.
- This was the last question, and we had 6 different concepts and we had to choose 4 of them. The concepts were: Rationalism, the encyclopedia, Nueva Planta decrees, physiocracy, Enlightened despotism and the Boston Tea Party. In this question I have chosen Nueva Planta decrees, physiocracy, Enlightened despotism and the Boston Tea Party.
I'm very happy because this exam was the last of the term! In my opinion the exam wasn't very difficult, but it was really long. I think that I'll pass the exam.